2012-04-14

Replacement

My Venus flytrap passed away over the winter, possibly because it dried out, so when we visited the Garden Fair, I bought a new carnivorous plant. I shall do my best to keep it moist.

The fair itself was enjoyable, but seemed to be much smaller than previous years, only one hall instead of two, and not very densely filled at that. We couldn’t quite pinpoint what had gone missing this year. Honeybuns picked up bulbs of various kinds and I stared in awe at some football-sized bulbs (jättelökar!) and tried to imagine the size of the flower that will sprout from those.

Then trudging home through the slush, waiting for spring proper to arrive.

1 comment:

Martin said...

I know that you self-nudged this one, but still,

Honeybuns picked up bulbs of various kinds

Wöhöhöhö